Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L
Devious Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nobody's Joining

+4
Nithhogg
Silloe
Mandos-Namo
Zerahnor
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nobody's Joining - Page 2 Empty Re: Nobody's Joining

Post  Mandos-Namo Fri May 25, 2012 4:13 pm

also, one other thing, before EVERYONE starts leaving, i believe we have an offer on the table, of sorts, for the Dark Guardians. they have a fairly nice website: http://darkguardiansofficial.shivtr.com/
obviously, things would need to be discussed, such as ranks, etc. i don't think they are going they are going to want to come over here.

DISCUSS!
Mandos-Namo
Mandos-Namo
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Male Posts : 45

Devious Profile
Class: Bruiser
Favorite Weapon: Combuster
Alignment: Lawful-Constructive

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Fri May 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Mandos-Namo wrote:also, one other thing, before EVERYONE starts leaving, i believe we have an offer on the table, of sorts, for the Dark Guardians. they have a fairly nice website: http://darkguardiansofficial.shivtr.com/
obviously, things would need to be discussed, such as ranks, etc. i don't think they are going they are going to want to come over here.

DISCUSS!
well I guess a merge could be discussed. At this point they look like they're much better at managing a guild than either me or Nith at this point so us merging into them would probably be the better option anyway (not to mention their off-game site is loads better than we could achieve without paying for it, either by paying for proper servers and software or paying someone to make a free site look like that. LOL)
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile
Class: Dusk Knight
Favorite Weapon: Cold Iron Vanquisher
Alignment: Neutral-Destructive

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandos-Namo Tue May 29, 2012 5:45 pm

So i have been talking to Dark Guardians, and as i already showed you there site, the merge would probably go into there guild. Laylla said she would have around 12-14 open slots. we have 20 members, but i think some spring cleaning could be done... the positions would remain the same, i am fairly certain. they have 2 GM's also, by the way.

it sounds like a solid deal. i don't quite know what we would do w/ Devious Souls, perhaps just auction it off/give it away or something, i don't know... thats up to you guys. but this is what i've found out. what does everyone think?
Mandos-Namo
Mandos-Namo
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Tue May 29, 2012 10:19 pm

Mandos-Namo wrote:So i have been talking to Dark Guardians, and as i already showed you there site, the merge would probably go into there guild. Laylla said she would have around 12-14 open slots. we have 20 members, but i think some spring cleaning could be done... the positions would remain the same, i am fairly certain. they have 2 GM's also, by the way.

it sounds like a solid deal. i don't quite know what we would do w/ Devious Souls, perhaps just auction it off/give it away or something, i don't know... thats up to you guys. but this is what i've found out. what does everyone think?
Sounds doable to me. I can even change the site name if need be. And what exactly to you mean by "Auction off Devious Souls"?
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Male Posts : 454

Devious Profile
Class: Elite Stabber
Favorite Weapon: Rigadoon
Alignment: Neutral-Constructive

https://skguilddevioussouls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandos-Namo Tue May 29, 2012 11:13 pm

I just remember seeing someone giving away a guild name, and i think it would be a shame to let the actual name "Devious Souls" to die. if there were a way, either to give it away to some fledgling, or to have some sort of reimbursement, perhaps ce wise, i don't know... just an idea.
Mandos-Namo
Mandos-Namo
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Wed May 30, 2012 1:10 am

Mandos-Namo wrote:I just remember seeing someone giving away a guild name, and i think it would be a shame to let the actual name "Devious Souls" to die. if there were a way, either to give it away to some fledgling, or to have some sort of reimbursement, perhaps ce wise, i don't know... just an idea.
If this is the case at least DJ would be a buyer. He expressed a desire to have the guild name if/when we merge into another guild and lose it.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandos-Namo Wed May 30, 2012 2:14 am

then i suppose our next step of action would be mailing everyone in the guild, i guess? like i said, they should have around 12-14 open slots, and us having 21 members, this should pose to be most interesting... but then again, when was the last time you guys did a clean through (then again then again, are you guys ever on to see who is and is not on =P) okay, i'm done bashing.

also, have you guys personally talked w/ Laylla? I find it funny that I am the go between, and if this guild merge is happening I would rather a GM be the personal foreperson on our end. I have no problem running with it, just seems... a little bit more formal...
Mandos-Namo
Mandos-Namo
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Wed May 30, 2012 2:24 am

I haven't logged into SK since I got my job, except for once on Sunday I think it was, to do two runs and then I logged off because I had other things to do. :\ so no, I haven't talked with Laylla
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile
Class: Dusk Knight
Favorite Weapon: Cold Iron Vanquisher
Alignment: Neutral-Destructive

Back to top Go down

Nobody's Joining - Page 2 Empty promotion?

Post  kunoric Wed May 30, 2012 2:35 pm

i think the only reason you aren't a GM is because you didn't want the position when it was first offered- in all honesty our GMs have gotten pretty lackadaisical after the initial surge of responsibility and the general decline of guildies who give a shit. i myself have been feeling more lethargic to the game as a whole since the recent promotions both failed to get a rise for a group event and inflated the game market ridiculously.

any way ya, this is my official thumbs up vote for giving you a promotion. you won't be getting a jungle gym though, they're all mine.
kunoric
kunoric
Jelly Head

Male Posts : 215

Devious Profile
Class: aggressive defender
Favorite Weapon: pre-nerf winmillion
Alignment: Chaotic-Constructive

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Wed May 30, 2012 2:57 pm

kunoric wrote:i think the only reason you aren't a GM is because you didn't want the position when it was first offered- in all honesty our GMs have gotten pretty lackadaisical after the initial surge of responsibility and the general decline of guildies who give a shit. i myself have been feeling more lethargic to the game as a whole since the recent promotions both failed to get a rise for a group event and inflated the game market ridiculously.

any way ya, this is my official thumbs up vote for giving you a promotion. you won't be getting a jungle gym though, they're all mine.
Well if getting online and playing SK daily didn't eventually start feeling like a chore I probably would have become so apathetic to guild matters. Not that I don't care about the guild but the game itself is getting tiring to play for the time being. (As you already know I found another game that doesn't feel like a chore to play even if I get on daily). I'll try to do all I can from here and maybe bring myself to log on but I'd rather NOT spend my free time away from household duties doing something that feels like it has to be done out of obligation. So if I DO log on I probably won't be doing many runs unless someone asks me to help them.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandos-Namo Wed May 30, 2012 3:48 pm

at this point it doesn't really matter what position I am at, we are merging guilds, if i get promoted to GM at Dark Guardians, yay for me and all that jazz, but at the moment, lets worry about one thing at a time, that one thing being the best way to transfer everyone over.

now, i'm on a bit, but i'm not always on, so I can't say who has/hasn't been on in the past week. basically, what needs to happen now is for people to be told that we are moving to another guild, for some guildies who haven't been on to be booted, and to just begin the process of of getting over to DG....

and as for when the GM's were being picked, i think I had JUST became a vet, or something like that... i highly doubt I would have been ready to be a leader in a guild.
Mandos-Namo
Mandos-Namo
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Nobody's Joining - Page 2 Empty I'm Staying

Post  NeoRetro10K Wed May 30, 2012 10:59 pm

If people choose to leave, I will only do so when i am the last one standing. Just so you know, I enjoy the conversations we have, even if they get weird sometimes. Also, I think the game's redonkulus energy prices have something to do with people not playing as much - I know that's my reason. Which leads to me apologizing for not being online as much as I used to be. All of you know that I don't often post on these forums, so you must also know that the situation has gotten pretty dire.
NeoRetro10K
NeoRetro10K
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Male Posts : 12

Devious Profile
Class: Lost Knight
Favorite Weapon: Blazebrand, Dark Thorn Blade, Master Blaster, Toxic Catalyzer
Alignment: True Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandos-Namo Wed May 30, 2012 11:12 pm

its more or less that we aren't "leaving" DS, as much as merging our entity with Dark Guardians, leaving an empty shell that used to be DS, to whom it is not yet known the name will go to (possibly DJ?)
Mandos-Namo
Mandos-Namo
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AnonymousMessage Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:59 am