Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L
Devious Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moments of Weakness

5 posters

Go down

Moments of Weakness Empty Moments of Weakness

Post  Zerahnor Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:30 pm

Have you ever seen that *one* game that you have either always wanted, or that one game you played when you were younger that you loved to fckn death, and when you saw it on the shelf for a pretty cheap price you randomly caved and splurged money on it even though honestly you probably shouldn't have?

I just did on Steam with Fable: The Lost Chapters.

IT WAS WORTH IT
Moments of Weakness Nerdgasm
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile
Class: Dusk Knight
Favorite Weapon: Cold Iron Vanquisher
Alignment: Neutral-Destructive

Back to top Go down

Moments of Weakness Empty Contact

Post  kunoric Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:45 pm

idont' "lose control" of my wallet- but i back in high school(maybe middle school?) i went to see a movie with some friends and went to hang around at the near by gamestop while we waited for our ride to pick us up,and i randomly remembered a used game i thought looked interesting, but couldn't find it again since i past it up on my last trip there;but just before we left one of my friends found it-i was so happy i read the manual. it was a good manual.
Moments of Weakness 250px-Contact_boxart
kunoric
kunoric
Jelly Head

Male Posts : 215

Devious Profile
Class: aggressive defender
Favorite Weapon: pre-nerf winmillion
Alignment: Chaotic-Constructive

Back to top Go down

Moments of Weakness Empty Re: Moments of Weakness

Post  Zerahnor Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Lolol, I always lose control of my wallet if I have spending money. And Steam is totally to blame. >:C
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile
Class: Dusk Knight
Favorite Weapon: Cold Iron Vanquisher
Alignment: Neutral-Destructive

Back to top Go down

Post  AnonymousMessage Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:18 pm

Awhile back I found a used game at (Surprise!) Gamestop. Now this was no ordinary game, This game introduced me to the fighting genre of video games. Before this I was all guns or controlling little yellow creatures and forcing them to eat balls while avoiding living blankets. So I did indeed yell at the top of my lungs "FUCK YES!" To which everyone in the store stared at me holding up my hands like the statue at the end of a Rocky movie. Good game btw.
Moments of Weakness Def_ja11
AnonymousMessage
AnonymousMessage
General Poster
General Poster

Devious Profile
Class: Living Tank.
Favorite Weapon: Polaris/Sadaruska
Alignment: Pure Chaotic

http://anonops.bz/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:30 pm

kunoric wrote:idont' "lose control" of my wallet- but i back in high school(maybe middle school?) i went to see a movie with some friends and went to hang around at the near by gamestop while we waited for our ride to pick us up,and i randomly remembered a used game i thought looked interesting, but couldn't find it again since i past it up on my last trip there;but just before we left one of my friends found it-i was so happy i read the manual. it was a good manual.
Notice the company's logo. You see the word "Atlus". This game was destined for greatness. That is all.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Male Posts : 454

Devious Profile
Class: Elite Stabber
Favorite Weapon: Rigadoon
Alignment: Neutral-Constructive

https://skguilddevioussouls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kunoric Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:06 pm

Nithhogg wrote:
kunoric wrote:idont' "lose control" of my wallet- but i back in high school(maybe middle school?) i went to see a movie with some friends and went to hang around at the near by gamestop while we waited for our ride to pick us up,and i randomly remembered a used game i thought looked interesting, but couldn't find it again since i past it up on my last trip there;but just before we left one of my friends found it-i was so happy i read the manual. it was a good manual.
Notice the company's logo. You see the word "Atlus". This game was destined for greatness. That is all.

Are you Serious? you already knew about this; i wanted you to try it out, but you were as adamant about it as Ghost trick. Mad
kunoric
kunoric
Jelly Head

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:04 am

kunoric wrote:
Nithhogg wrote:

Are you Serious? you already knew about this; i wanted you to try it out, but you were as adamant about it as Ghost trick. Mad
I was... indifferent. Mind you this was before my SMT craze. But given the chance now I'd play the game possibly for the sole reason that Atlus made it. Call it blind faith but they haven't disappointed me yet.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Moments of Weakness Empty conflabit.

Post  kunoric Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:19 am

Nithhogg wrote:
kunoric wrote:
Nithhogg wrote:

I was... indifferent. Mind you this was before my SMT craze. But given the chance now I'd play the game possibly for the sole reason that Atlus made it. Call it blind faith but they haven't disappointed me yet.

Facepalm that is super shallow...Atlus is just the publisher... the game isn't turn based by the way and doesn't have a fan base like SMT, earthbound, or psychonauts because it isn't exactly an attention starved gem like they are- it's really just an experimental piece that feels like it was cut short... like the dev. team took a risk and probably won't be around to take another- it seems to have been their first go at an RPG, at least on a handheld
kunoric
kunoric
Jelly Head

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:40 am

kunoric wrote:

Facepalm that is super shallow...Atlus is just the publisher... the game isn't turn based by the way and doesn't have a fan base like SMT, earthbound, or psychonauts because it isn't exactly an attention starved gem like they are- it's really just an experimental piece that feels like it was cut short... like the dev. team took a risk and probably won't be around to take another- it seems to have been their first go at an RPG, at least on a handheld

Yes it is but give me a gamer that ISN'T shallow. Why do you think Final Fantasy, CoD and any other big-name title sells? (As a side not about publishers, they do have some say in the matter while a very minor bit. Plus, they wouldn't publish the game if they thought it was bad) But more to the point... I tend to like experiment pieces since they have a new and interesting concept that separates themselves from the pack and it feels like a new experience. I'll admit Ghost Trick was actually fun but the concept didn't really *stick* to me. I liked it but it just didn't seem like I NEEDED to beat the game. The Atlus logo may be enough to make me try it BUT if it doesn't *stick* to me I'm not going to keep playing for the sake of it having the logo. My reasons for giving it a chance may be shallow but it'll take more than blind fandom if it wants to really be worth my time.
Maybe my younger self that found the game for you wouldn't give the game a second glance but my current self would probably at least try it once even if it was for simply shallow reasons.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Moments of Weakness Empty you broke the quote chain

Post  kunoric Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:20 pm

Nithhogg wrote:
kunoric wrote:

Yes it is but give me a gamer that ISN'T shallow. Why do you think Final Fantasy, CoD and any other big-name title sells? (As a side not about publishers, they do have some say in the matter while a very minor bit. Plus, they wouldn't publish the game if they thought it was bad) But more to the point... I tend to like experiment pieces since they have a new and interesting concept that separates themselves from the pack and it feels like a new experience. I'll admit Ghost Trick was actually fun but the concept didn't really *stick* to me. I liked it but it just didn't seem like I NEEDED to beat the game. The Atlus logo may be enough to make me try it BUT if it doesn't *stick* to me I'm not going to keep playing for the sake of it having the logo. My reasons for giving it a chance may be shallow but it'll take more than blind fandom if it wants to really be worth my time.
Maybe my younger self that found the game for you wouldn't give the game a second glance but my current self would probably at least try it once even if it was for simply shallow reasons.

Moments of Weakness Jackie-chan-meme

the recommendation of a loyal friend holds less weight then publisher names!? i've recommended thing's i'd rate much higher and none of them have been given a chance, even though the only ones i push for are the one's that require little investment- yet you didn't even ghost trick far enough to meet pigeon head...and i still can't tell any one things like spoiler alert:the dog is a lamp ...my heart meter has been damaged.you have hurt me. Sad
kunoric
kunoric
Jelly Head

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silloe Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:59 pm

Bah, You just don't get it, Kun.

Things like this are very subjective.

Let's say, you introduced me to a wonderful Fingerling potato. She has a PhD, a wonderful personality, similar interests, blah, blah, she's perfect.

But, I've got my potato hard on for Russet taters.

And, there's a perfectly average Russet potato very nearby.

Which one will I choose?

The correct answer, of course, is the one with the bigger bewbs. Potato Potato
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Male Posts : 264

Devious Profile
Class: Tater Dervish
Favorite Weapon: Brandish Line

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:42 pm

kunoric wrote:

Moments of Weakness Jackie-chan-meme

the recommendation of a loyal friend holds less weight then publisher names!? i've recommended thing's i'd rate much higher and none of them have been given a chance, even though the only ones i push for are the one's that require little investment- yet you didn't even ghost trick far enough to meet pigeon head...and i still can't tell any one things like spoiler alert:the dog is a lamp ...my heart meter has been damaged.you have hurt me. Sad

I'm stubborn and the original comment about branding was made in jest. I was joking about my over-obsession with Atlus. Branding rarely if ever is enough to sell a game to me. Looking back the games I have bought from Atlus I didn't buy because of the company itself but because the games looked interesting to me. The same reason I DIDN'T pick up Ghost Trick to begin with. And maybe my memory is foggy but I don't quite remember you pushing Contact as much as you did Ghost Trick. And in Hindsight I don't think I had enough patience with the game. It was fun but I wasn't fanatic about it like you were so that might have been a factor. You were so hype about it that when it didn't quite have the same effect on me it seemed like a let-down. And quite frankly despite my comment saying Contact is good because Atlus I can't say I'm sure if the game will even satisfy me. Though maybe I should give those games a chance... we'll see.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Moments of Weakness Empty i've finished whining.

Post  kunoric Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:25 am

well im done whining- but you didn't say what your moment of weakness/ squee!! was in all this. you either silloe
kunoric
kunoric
Jelly Head

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:10 am

I can't really say for sure if I had one of those moments really... I did buy Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume on a bit of a whim and it was alright... But because I tend to buy games I want either at or close to release date now I can't really say I just picked up a game I've been waiting for or had trouble finding. Though EO does come to mind as I think I had trouble finding the first game. This was actually the point where I got more into deeper RPGs.

Funny thing is Strange Journey, the first ever SMT game I got I sort of bought on a whim. I saw it had good reviews and I had recently won a gift card and the place didn't really stock anything else that I was interested in. Long story short that was the point where I pretty much abandoned FF in favor of SMT as far as RPG preferences are concerned. But that's all I can really think about.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silloe Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:06 am

Diablo 2 Battlechest = old weakness.

I've been clean for a number of years and have DA badges to prove it.
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Male Posts : 264

Devious Profile
Class: Tater Dervish
Favorite Weapon: Brandish Line

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content