Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L
Devious Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Height Changes are So Lame? D:

4 posters

Go down

Height Changes are So Lame? D: Empty Height Changes are So Lame? D:

Post  Zerahnor Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:34 am

Soooooo I decided that I wanted to be taller than you scrubs (because I'm god apparently a 5th-dimensional lizard) so I bought the height increase. well, it doesn't actually increase your "height" perse, it really takes the "image" of your sprite (or knight, to use terminology you're more familiar with) and scales it up or down... Thus, bigger height makes you clip into the floor, being shorter means you're WALKING ON AIR. FML!!! I REALLY *COULD* BE GOD >:L

Discuss.

On a side note, why do I feel like this will never be fixed to look the way it's supposed to?
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile
Class: Dusk Knight
Favorite Weapon: Cold Iron Vanquisher
Alignment: Neutral-Destructive

Back to top Go down

Height Changes are So Lame? D: Empty think of it like this

Post  kunoric Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:35 am

you are the loose walleted demographic that S.K. targets for exploitation in order to increase profit from a free game- charge money for a mere color change, or some visual affect? easy money; i.e. , when it starts taking effort to make a meaningful change in a game where most players have yet to buy anything with real cash, expect a level of loathing i've not even achieved myself.
kunoric
kunoric
Jelly Head

Male Posts : 215

Devious Profile
Class: aggressive defender
Favorite Weapon: pre-nerf winmillion
Alignment: Chaotic-Constructive

Back to top Go down

Height Changes are So Lame? D: Empty Re: Height Changes are So Lame? D:

Post  Silloe Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:57 am

Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Male Posts : 264

Devious Profile
Class: Tater Dervish
Favorite Weapon: Brandish Line
Alignment: Chaotic-Constructive

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:05 am

kunoric wrote:you are the loose walleted demographic that S.K. targets for exploitation in order to increase profit from a free game- charge money for a mere color change, or some visual affect? easy money; i.e. , when it starts taking effort to make a meaningful change in a game where most players have yet to buy anything with real cash, expect a level of loathing i've not even achieved myself.
I may be loose-walleted, but I don't spend money on the character changes. I spent cr I gained just by going into the clockworks on that. When I spend money on the rare occasion that I do so, I do so with full intent to exploit that fact that SK is "Pay to win". Wakka Wakka
Also, SK doesn't necessarily fall under this cuz you have to pay for nearly everything but look at it like this:

Would you rather have a F2P that...

A: Asks you to pay for fancy character changes that make you pretty, and make all meaningful in-game items actually acquirable from playing the game alone?

B: Doesn't charge for you for making your character pretty, but charges you for certain items that would greatly help you (or other players) get an advantage that quite easily unbalances the game in favor of those who are willing to spend cold cash?
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile
Class: Dusk Knight
Favorite Weapon: Cold Iron Vanquisher
Alignment: Neutral-Destructive

Back to top Go down

Post  Pandaizm Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:20 am

Speedy Cat
Pandaizm