Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L
Devious Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Weapons?

4 posters

Go down

New Weapons? Empty New Weapons?

Post  Nithhogg Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Spring-boarding off of Zera's idea that there should be some healing type weapons I ask you do you think there should be new weapon types added to SK or do you think the ones we have now are good enough? How would these new weapon types work and what would distinguish them from existing weapon types?
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Male Posts : 454

Devious Profile
Class: Elite Stabber
Favorite Weapon: Rigadoon
Alignment: Neutral-Constructive

https://skguilddevioussouls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Weapons? Empty Re: New Weapons?

Post  Silloe Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:21 am

Infinite Healing? That'd break the game...

I think there should be more item drops... For instance - the Alpha Wolvers have an 'attack up' condition. I think an item should drop that offers additional dmg for a short period. Perhaps other items that increase def momentarily as well as speed boosters. Having more options would also allow for more strategic item gathering.

Maybe have an item that drops a gremlin healing circle, so that an entire party could heal for a short duration.

I think there should be a 'light' element to contrast shadow, instead of just 'elemental', and I think that certain statuses/themes should work differently, ie. the fire zombies should take reduced damage from a combuster, but an ice zombie would take extra.

In fact, I think the whole bloody damage system should be reworked so that 'fire' and 'ice', etc. have their own strengths and weaknesses, but I guess that's just my decades of RPG/Pokemon logic and not wanting to change... It probably wouldn't really work with the way the game handles equips. :/

A sleep inducing weapon would be kewl too. Tranq gun, anybody?

Last edited by Silloe on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Zzzz)
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Male Posts : 264

Devious Profile
Class: Tater Dervish
Favorite Weapon: Brandish Line
Alignment: Chaotic-Constructive

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:26 am

Infinite healing, yes. But they could handle it like Gremlin healers do - when the healing "weapon" is equipped you can no longer defend yourself offensively, and in order to heal you must charge the weapon and then release it kinda like a bomb
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile
Class: Dusk Knight
Favorite Weapon: Cold Iron Vanquisher
Alignment: Neutral-Destructive

Back to top Go down

Post  Silloe Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:34 am

So... pretty much you could heal a whole party to full HP after every room?

That's still pretty much infinite healing.

Like if this were some other game, there'd be a cap... like you'd need to chug mana potions, but there's no mechanic like that.

With what you suggested, even healing on a boss like R-twins would be a cinch.

I think that some sort of support 'class' or spec is an interesting idea, but if healing like that was implemented, they'd have to make everything else much harder to balance it.

Hehehe.. maybe make some Bard Equips. Get a Phat Lute and play some tunes so your party gets various bonuses.
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

New Weapons? Empty spiral knight types

Post  kunoric Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:12 am

Silloe wrote:Infinite Healing? That'd break the game...

I think there should be more item drops... For instance - the Alpha Wolvers have an 'attack up' condition. I think an item should drop that offers additional dmg for a short period. Perhaps other items that increase def momentarily as well as speed boosters. Having more options would also allow for more strategic item gathering.

Maybe have an item that drops a gremlin healing circle, so that an entire party could heal for a short duration.

I think there should be a 'light' element to contrast shadow, instead of just 'elemental', and I think that certain statuses/themes should work differently, ie. the fire zombies should take reduced damage from a combuster, but an ice zombie would take extra.

In fact, I think the whole bloody damage system should be reworked so that 'fire' and 'ice', etc. have their own strengths and weaknesses, but I guess that's just my decades of RPG/Pokemon logic and not wanting to change... It probably wouldn't really work with the way the game handles equips. :/

A sleep inducing weapon would be kewl too. Tranq gun, anybody?

when i first started playing and was trying to decide what type of armor and weapon type i wanted, and didn't quite understand that pierce in't an affect like shock or stun, but is a type just like normal or shadow, which is why i have full pierce damage, because i didn't realize fire and ice were simply grouped under elemental- but i don't mind the set up and confusion for new players is probably cleared up in tutorials.

but being able to have the equipment from lockdown would be pretty interesting- the giant healing shield or cloak generator as a weapon swap would be fun in groups, though i think if such things were put in game without taking your normal shield, they'd be bombs that place the gremlin guard or cloaked every one who touched the spot for a few moments.

i think sleep was a thing earlier in the game but was taken out- probably because having a gun that sleeps bosses is super cheap- but a gun that transmutes vials into different pickups however, would be the complete opposite of that.
Trollface
kunoric
kunoric
Jelly Head

Male Posts : 215

Devious Profile
Class: aggressive defender
Favorite Weapon: pre-nerf winmillion

Back to top Go down

New Weapons? Empty Infinite Healing

Post  Nithhogg Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:11 pm

This was the problem I cam across as well. Party buttons would offer the perfect opportunity to fully heal a critically wounded party. Being able to just heal to max at any time seems like cheating. Maybe the user could give a portion of their own health to heal an ally? Maybe instead of healing them they simply redistribute their own health. But I could see this also causing problems.

Like what Silloe said I would like to see a weapon category dedicated to support. Being able to buff/debuff rather than attack would make the game all the more interesting. It could also allow players that sacrifice defense in order to boost attack be aided by someone who has a weapon that could increase defense. Or maybe someone catches fire a lot and needs someone to put him out. I do see a support weapon class as something that could work rather well.

As for my own ideas I think a motor-like weapon could be interesting. Maybe have to charge it like a bomb and shoot it off at the exact location specified by your cursor... hmmm...
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Maybe the Healing weapons could work like the classes in Lockdown? as in, there's a bar at the top that empties as you heal others, but instead of it recharging over time it recharges perhaps by participating in combat with your other weapons? Or perhaps Party Buttons would recharge it, but making health too limited would also make healers play favorites, and those who are eclipsed in usefulness by people who are more experienced/pro at the game would left to die :/
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

New Weapons? Empty indeed...

Post  kunoric Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:33 pm

Yea, or maybe all those times you find extra health pills could come in play here- like once you fill your normal health bar, having the heal equip acts like an overspill container, like the E-tanks from megaman- and while were at it , why not have the option to not just heal teammates with it, but also create a heal pill once the overspill bar is filled.
kunoric
kunoric
Jelly Head

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

New Weapons? Empty I like the idea of pooping pills once you've eaten too many hearts.

Post  Silloe Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:28 pm

Also, I think I've figured out a totally new balanced weapon

New Weapons? 1760771-tumblr_ljglpob4or1qhky0xo1_500

Ok, and get this! As you take damage a special bar fills up. Once it's full, you can do a special move called a "Potato Break".

It would instantly kill everything, but there would be like... .01% chance that something survives on the entire level, but it would be inflicted with all 6 statuses.

And it heals your party and makes you invincible for 1 week, until it expires (viewable in your 'usable' inventory slot)

It's not OP, because the rest of the level is spent running trying to grab all the cr and heat before it disappears.
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:58 pm

hurr
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

New Weapons? Empty Where Did This Go?

Post  Nithhogg Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:55 pm

This is an example of a not-so-cool derailing, Zera. Back on topic NOW >:L

I was thinking of options for more trinkets. I don't use them so it wouldn't really affect me but what if there was a trinket that either allowed you to hold a greater variety of items or one that allowed you to hold more in each slot? It would at least shift the focus away from using both slots for heart pendants or something.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:14 pm

lol that wasn't even a derailing... that was Silloe multiplying my idea by FF's tendency for ultimate skillsets (or simply him poking fun at FF in general) to troll the entire topic. It may not have contributed productively, but it was still on topic. Wakka Wakka
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:27 pm

Zerahnor wrote:lol that wasn't even a derailing... that was Silloe multiplying my idea by FF's tendency for ultimate skillsets (or simply him poking fun at FF in general) to troll the entire topic. It may not have contributed productively, but it was still on topic. Wakka Wakka

FF deserves to be poked at. But that's my opinion the truth of the matter. I hope my post about item-expanding trinkets brings us back on track :L
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

New Weapons? Empty well in the spirit of consistency...

Post  kunoric Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:52 am

why not have a lag bomb that causes enemies to act stupid or spontaneously disconnect from the game like players do? intact, why not take that baby to lockdown, and have a marvelous time.

:serious face: since a dropout player in lockdown is practically a garrenteed loss, and there's no real compensation or rebalancing mechanism, i don't see why a special item that impedes the enemy team as a whole would be invalid- like maybe the farther they go from their base the slower their attacks or capture speed is, or the less effective their armor; at least it would stop a team from just standing out side the enemy gate and murdering them with their superior numbers- and if not affect players themselves, then maybe just cause the capture points to slowly turn neutral when a team with more players has the absurd lead uncontested.
kunoric
kunoric
Jelly Head

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

New Weapons? Empty Passive Skills

Post  Nithhogg Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:37 pm

I also noticed that the available passive skills are very basic. As of now the only passive skills are damage, speed and charge time modifiers as well as basic resistance modifiers. At the very least if a weapon can have a UV to be more effective against a certain enemy type I don't see why armor can have a UV to be effective against an enemy type as well. I was also thinking about more "creative" passive skills beyond simply basic attack defense and speed modifiers.

For instance a passive skill that causes an enemy's shift in aggro. (enemies may be more/less likely to attack a certain player) Or a skill that increases the effectiveness of items. A skill that causes shifts in speed, attack or defense based on the number of enemies nearby. Maybe even giving a slight chance of auto-dodging an attack. I'm just spitting out ideas here.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content