Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L
Devious Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

unBEARable lag has been going on SK since the last 2 patch

4 posters

Go down

unBEARable lag has been going on SK since the last 2 patch Empty unBEARable lag has been going on SK since the last 2 patch

Post  Pandaizm Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:47 am

random lags, causing everything to move in ONE direction, going through walls, and unable to actually inflict damage until the lag spike goes back to normal. it's ridiculous. I'm frustrated...

example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee0vUv9JFfY

i cant deal with this fucking shit, this has wasted hundreds of my mist. literally.
Pandaizm
Pandaizm
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Male Posts : 42

Devious Profile
Class: Lagger :(
Favorite Weapon: Er.. Idk..
Alignment: Chaotic-Destructive

https://www.youtube.com/BEARiiZM

Back to top Go down

unBEARable lag has been going on SK since the last 2 patch Empty Re: unBEARable lag has been going on SK since the last 2 patch

Post  Zerahnor Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:22 pm

SK's servers have never been all that great, really all you can do is either deal with it or don't play lol :\ though I do agree with you, something has been going on recently, though for for me actually started a day or two before the update, if I'm remembering correctly... There's also the epic glitch-out I had yesterday afternoon which pissed me off to all hell because Steam also began to conflict with Spiral Knights, so not only did I glitch out of the game, I was also locked out for the better part of a half-hour (boo hoo, I'm so impatient)

All in all, I'm tempted to take an extended break from the game... but that obviously won't be anytime soon since I don't really have anything better to play at the moment :F

Edit: The Steam conflicting with SK is actually happening again right this moment, sooooooooo yeah. Can't even play the damn game. Neutral
Edit Edit: It seems posting about it fixes the problem.... I try about 10 times, post about it, and then suddenly it works. Troll's Law perhaps?
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile
Class: Dusk Knight
Favorite Weapon: Cold Iron Vanquisher
Alignment: Neutral-Destructive

Back to top Go down

unBEARable lag has been going on SK since the last 2 patch Empty Re: unBEARable lag has been going on SK since the last 2 patch

Post  Nithhogg Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:06 pm

Zerahnor wrote:SK's servers have never been all that great, really all you can do is either deal with it or don't play lol :\ though I do agree with you, something has been going on recently, though for for me actually started a day or two before the update, if I'm remembering correctly... There's also the epic glitch-out I had yesterday afternoon which pissed me off to all hell because Steam also began to conflict with Spiral Knights, so not only did I glitch out of the game, I was also locked out for the better part of a half-hour (boo hoo, I'm so impatient)

All in all, I'm tempted to take an extended break from the game... but that obviously won't be anytime soon since I don't really have anything better to play at the moment :F

I've linked my problem to one of two reasons generally:

1) My college's internet sucks. Okay it doesn't suck per se it just isn't as good as home. I've never lagged at home as far as I can remember and if I did it was minimal. Here lagging at least once or twice is an every day occurrence that I tend to expect.

2) They people I play with are far away from me. This may or may not be a stupid assumption since I can't really know how close or far people are from myself. Also I don't have any real proof if this causes an issue or not.

Only other problems I have seem unrelated to SK itself and more of stuff with Steam. Like when SK stops responding and I figure out it's because Steam crashed for some reason forcing be to quit and restart Steam and relaunch SK.

Zerahnor wrote:Edit: The Steam conflicting with SK is actually happening again right this moment, sooooooooo yeah. Can't even play the damn game. Neutral
Maybe this will make you feel better. I've had Steam conflicts a fair number of times myself.
unBEARable lag has been going on SK since the last 2 patch I-know-that-feel
Zerahnor wrote:Edit Edit: It seems posting about it fixes the problem.... I try about 10 times, post about it, and then suddenly it works. Troll's Law perhaps?
That or confirmation bias. Or maybe it's just the magic of Gabe* or something.
*doubtful since Valve doesn't seem to like releasing much of anything in a timely manner
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Male Posts : 454

Devious Profile
Class: Elite Stabber
Favorite Weapon: Rigadoon
Alignment: Neutral-Constructive

https://skguilddevioussouls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

unBEARable lag has been going on SK since the last 2 patch Empty Might as well just play into the fantasy.

Post  Silloe Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:10 am

Panda, I think you're lying about the lag.

Nobody has ever lagged before, ESPECIALLY those with crappy internet connections or those who live far away from the SK servers.

Also, the new patch has no effect on this whatsoever.

The idea that the server might be under heavy load due to increases player numbers (because they're all farming and trying to get their pets) is patently absurd.

As such, you are correct, I don't believe you, nor does anybody else.
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Male Posts : 264

Devious Profile
Class: Tater Dervish
Favorite Weapon: Brandish Line
Alignment: Chaotic-Constructive

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum