Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L
Devious Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You might wanna log in to SK.

4 posters

Go down

You might wanna log in to SK. Empty You might wanna log in to SK.

Post  Silloe Thu May 17, 2012 4:20 pm

http://forums.spiralknights.com/en/node/54151

Free Elevators.

As a side note, the changes to guilds...

"You'll even be able to purchase special features that benefit everyone in the guild!"

If such benefits are great enough, and our guild is unable to provide them, I would probably move on.
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Male Posts : 264

Devious Profile
Class: Tater Dervish
Favorite Weapon: Brandish Line
Alignment: Chaotic-Constructive

Back to top Go down

You might wanna log in to SK. Empty Re: You might wanna log in to SK.

Post  Nithhogg Thu May 17, 2012 4:25 pm

Ooh sounds nice. Though since we haven't a clue what these features are nor what the cost of said features would be how should I know if we can supply it? I can't even say if the purchase of these features would be cause to leave. The free elevators and everything else mentioned is nice but I can't be sure that the features mentioned would make it worthwhile to find a new guild.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Male Posts : 454

Devious Profile
Class: Elite Stabber
Favorite Weapon: Rigadoon
Alignment: Neutral-Constructive

https://skguilddevioussouls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Thu May 17, 2012 4:35 pm

Well, you can't argue that he's already put some very decent time into this guild and it's pretty much his choice to leave or not to leave. I actually don't like this whole guild benefits thing because it's a very double-edged sword. It'll make starting new guilds (or reviving dying ones that don't have them yet) extremely difficult because most people don't want to put in the work it'll take to get a new/benefit-less guild on their feet. Instant gratification and all. :\
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile
Class: Dusk Knight
Favorite Weapon: Cold Iron Vanquisher
Alignment: Neutral-Destructive

Back to top Go down

Post  Silloe Thu May 17, 2012 6:58 pm

Well, who knows what the benefits entail. They might suck. Or it might be something like "Buy a guild crafting machine that costs 50% less." In which case I'd be out the door faster than you can say Hippotatomus.

Of course, guilds might charge fees for entrance were that the case... in order to cover their costs.

Knowing OOO they'll probably make them expirable options. Like the hypothetical crafting machine is only good for 10 days, then you have to buy another for 8k CE.

Or to get benefits you need to have a good LD team, or your guild gets 'X' reward per # of clockworks levels they complete.

https://i.imgur.com/l1wWN.jpg
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Thu May 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Whatever the case is we'll see what the benefits and or costs are when the time comes. I'm tempted to think it's a simple "decoration" option that lets you put furniture of sorts in the Guild Hall... at least that's what came to mind first when I heard about it.

I do want to make use of these options and will do all in my power to make the best use of them when we get ahold of some of them. Maybe they will include special bonuses for potatoes.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Thu May 17, 2012 11:50 pm

Silloe wrote:Or it might be something like "Buy a guild crafting machine that costs 50% less." In which case I'd be out the door faster than you can say Hippotatomus.

This is EXACTLY the kind of thing I was referring to as a double-edged sword... shit like this would make it borderline impossible to start a new guild unless everyone was already friends in the first place, and could somehow acquire that on their own. Otherwise, nobody will want to join a new or benefitless guild, because the other guild will have "all the nice toys".
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile
Class: Dusk Knight
Favorite Weapon: Cold Iron Vanquisher
Alignment: Neutral-Destructive

Back to top Go down

You might wanna log in to SK. Empty guild only missions though...

Post  kunoric Fri May 18, 2012 1:43 am

guild-only missions would be nice- missions or floors of clockwork that can only be played with another guild member would bring members closer, and encourage improving new members
kunoric
kunoric
Jelly Head

Male Posts : 215

Devious Profile
Class: aggressive defender
Favorite Weapon: pre-nerf winmillion

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Fri May 18, 2012 3:22 am

I only skimmed the post before so I missed the line where it explicitly stated you would be able to furnish the guild hall... Derp.

Anyway, I thought a bit and for some reason this stuck out to me... Flags. I don't know why or how this came to mind I just imagined all guild members carrying around a flag of sorts marked with a guild emblem. Not to be confused with the logo but them emblem would have few to no words. Simply an rather minimalist image of the guild's theme.

Also the post mentions making guild play more strategic. What does this mean? Expanded options for Guild v Guild PVP options? I would like more modes available for PVP besides lockdown. It's a shame that Superbrawl or whatever it was called got removed... Maybe special goodies you get when taking Guildies on runs with you? Sure would strengthen our bonds and give more purpose to the guild itself. Let the speculation begin!

Seeing the post makes me excited but at the same time recent updates haven't really blown me away either. It looks like they're revamping guilds and the game as a whole but at the same time even missions didn't impress me too much and that was supposed to be a major leap forward. Time will tell.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silloe Fri May 18, 2012 4:00 am

Yeah, some of this stuff does look like like a lot of fun.

Danger Missions for one... I hope there's good loot to be had Very Happy

The more combat options... It sounds like they're adding more items. Like a bomb item 1 time use thing. We spoke of this before - still think def up/att up items would be nice.

Of course, it might be some sort of brand new multiplayer like blast network... Or just fixing up blast network.

The DLC - hehehe.. maybe I can buy it off of Zera Razz
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down