Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L
Devious Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does this mean?

3 posters

Go down

What does this mean? Empty What does this mean?

Post  Nithhogg Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:31 am

What does this mean? That_s10

Can you figure this out? I can't...
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Male Posts : 454

Devious Profile
Class: Elite Stabber
Favorite Weapon: Rigadoon
Alignment: Neutral-Constructive

https://skguilddevioussouls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What does this mean? Empty Re: What does this mean?

Post  Zerahnor Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:40 am

I'm sure that some languages don't have a written alphabet that is similar to english, so instead they spell out their words phonetically (there's an oriental language where american people do this, though if I remember correctly doing so is still incorrect as they actually do have english-alphabet dialects or something, I can't remember too well)
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile
Class: Dusk Knight
Favorite Weapon: Cold Iron Vanquisher
Alignment: Neutral-Destructive

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:44 am

Zerahnor wrote:I'm sure that some languages don't have a written alphabet that is similar to english, so instead they spell out their words phonetically (there's an oriental language where american people do this, though if I remember correctly doing so is still incorrect as they actually do have english-alphabet dialects or something, I can't remember too well)
I'm well aware of this. Sometimes translating languages to using latin characters rather than the languages actual characters cause odd things like this. I understand why Blazebrand is correct since it's a SK item. But why is damage in English? Surely their language must have a word for damage so why is that in English?

I tried searching some of the words and stuff and the best I can figure this is Indonesian. Efforts to find an understandable English equivalent have yet to return results.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silloe Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:10 am

gw dulu waktu masih pake FB bisa kedua walaupun tanpa kill cuman udh jadi Blazebrand
Google Translation (indonesian or Malay):
me first time was package the FB can kill even without charging so cuman Blazebrand

udh is probably 'duh' - typo.

Sounds like he's suggesting to use FB(don't know what that is), instead of blazebrand.
I'd need more context to reach something conclusive... but it looks pretty mundane.

You know Panda speaks this crap, ask him.

As for English words popping up, that occurs for multiple reasons. Sometimes an english word is easier to type, sometimes it's just seen as cool - or sounds better. Sometimes they've just adopted it from being assimilated by culture.
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Male Posts : 264

Devious Profile
Class: Tater Dervish
Favorite Weapon: Brandish Line
Alignment: Chaotic-Constructive

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:14 pm

As best as I could figure FB was short for Fireburst. I couldn't seem to find any other weapon that MIGHT use this abbreviation. Though the suggestion to use a weaker weapon doesn't quite make sense to me.

I only post this because the initial glance at the words made it seem like gibberish. It's probably in poor taste to laugh at another's language but I've never seen words like that before.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum