Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L
Devious Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Gaming Music

Go down

Best Gaming Music Empty Best Gaming Music

Post  Nithhogg Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:17 am

Many people know that great games often have excellent composers working to make them even better. What is some of the best music you have ever heard in a game? Do you have any favorite game music composers? List and discuss your favorite tracks as well as series or games that you have known to feature great music. I'll go ahead and list a few of my favorites.

Awe, Furious Wrath, The Eternal Throne - Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
The basic battle theme and the boss battle and the Final Boss theme respectively. All of them are simply awesome tracks. They fit the bill but I wouldn't say any are my favorite for their roles.

Blue Radiance, -Historia- - Radiant Historia
Blue Radiance is in my opinion one of the best battle themes I have ever heard. -Historia- is the boss theme and also rocks but I'm not going to say it is THE best.

Battle of the Brave, Challenge to the Fate, Septentrione - Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2
Devil Survivor's tracks were okay they did the job but didn't stick to me. Devil Survivor 2's tracks however DID stick with me. The first two battle themes played in certain circumstances. They are memorable and perfect for their role. Septentrione is a boss track that is also rather amazing. Though I have to say Battle of the Brave is my favorite.

WHOLE SOUNDTRACK - Chrono Trigger
I don't know why but I just loved pretty much the whole soundtrack of Chrono Trigger. One song that stands out was "Yearnings of the Wind". No it's not a battle theme but something about it was touching and I liked it. Maybe it's because the general fight soundtrack was mundane (especially compared to themes like Blue Radiance, Awe, Initial Strike, The First Campaign and others...) and perhaps the only song I didn't really like. Though the boss tracks were nice.

Etrian Odyssey's tracks also stuck with me. The series thus far has had impressive sounds. Basically all the boss and battle and exploration themes have really entertained me.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Male Posts : 454

Devious Profile
Class: Elite Stabber
Favorite Weapon: Rigadoon
Alignment: Neutral-Constructive

https://skguilddevioussouls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down