Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L
Devious Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Board

+4
AnonymousMessage
Silloe
kunoric
Nithhogg
8 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Random Board - Page 12 Empty Re: Random Board

Post  Zerahnor Wed May 16, 2012 4:38 pm

Mandos-Namo wrote:http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1isBID/:1M4Z3aBaN:SMIaXkXJ/www.lotsofjokes.com/anger_management.asp/

this is fairly fantastic...
That just made my day. XD
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile
Class: Dusk Knight
Favorite Weapon: Cold Iron Vanquisher
Alignment: Neutral-Destructive

Back to top Go down

Random Board - Page 12 Empty clap clap clap.

Post  kunoric Wed May 16, 2012 5:02 pm

this is the very embodiment of Trollface
kunoric
kunoric
Jelly Head

Male Posts : 215

Devious Profile
Class: aggressive defender
Favorite Weapon: pre-nerf winmillion
Alignment: Chaotic-Constructive

Back to top Go down

Random Board - Page 12 Empty FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Anger Management!!11!! LOLZ111!!1

Post  Silloe Thu May 17, 2012 12:51 am

Print: Hello World
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Male Posts : 264

Devious Profile
Class: Tater Dervish
Favorite Weapon: Brandish Line

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandos-Namo Fri May 18, 2012 2:03 am

don't be hatin, silloe....

http://h8.abload.de/img/funny-animal-gifs-aniip4vo.gif

so. freakin. funny.

and STILL pissed that i got so close to going 0-29 only to get disconnected...
Mandos-Namo
Mandos-Namo
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Male Posts : 45

Devious Profile
Class: Bruiser
Favorite Weapon: Combuster
Alignment: Lawful-Constructive

Back to top Go down

Random Board - Page 12 Empty Fridge Dog

Post  Nithhogg Fri May 18, 2012 3:11 am

Keep it cool, be mellow and all things will be alright.
Random Board - Page 12 Funny-gifs-fridge-dog-stays-cool
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Male Posts : 454

Devious Profile
Class: Elite Stabber
Favorite Weapon: Rigadoon
Alignment: Neutral-Constructive

https://skguilddevioussouls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Random Board - Page 12 Empty Hating?

Post  Silloe Fri May 18, 2012 3:49 am

Well, I'm a bit fresh to the scene, but I've attended a few member gatherings.

Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Random Board - Page 12 Empty inverse

Post  kunoric Fri May 18, 2012 3:59 am

why is everything reflected backwards? was this taped by a mirror?
kunoric
kunoric
Jelly Head

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silloe Fri May 18, 2012 4:03 am

It's a copy right avoidance trick.

Basically popular shows are searched for by looking at pixels in certain frames (I think, could be way off), and in order to beat the system, they mirror it so a computer can't tell if it's the material it's looking for.
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Fri May 18, 2012 4:12 am

Silloe wrote:It's a copy right avoidance trick.

Basically popular shows are searched for by looking at pixels in certain frames (I think, could be way off), and in order to beat the system, they mirror it so a computer can't tell if it's the material it's looking for.
For some reason I felt it was done on purpose just to spite viewers and spread the hate. I do remember hearing it described as a trick to avoid getting caught for copyright infringement though. Personally, though, I like the idea of it being just a way to hate on the viewers for some reason Razz
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Random Board - Page 12 Empty first guess

Post  kunoric Fri May 18, 2012 4:21 am

thats what i thought at first, but then i remembered seeing this before, and then noticed even the banner in the background was flipped. everything is.
kunoric
kunoric
Jelly Head

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Fri May 18, 2012 6:47 pm

Though I was wondering if it checks the pixels couldn't you make a code to also check the inverted version as well? The program would just compare the pixels of the "correct" frames to the uploaded video. If that returns nothing could it not then simply flip the frames of the TV show and compare the altered results to the uploaded video? Just something I thought about that may show a bit of ignorance.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Random Board - Page 12 Empty unrealated

Post  kunoric Sun May 20, 2012 5:26 pm

don't care, moar randoom.
Random Board - Page 12 Pokmon-pokmon-is-now-totally-brutal
kunoric
kunoric
Jelly Head

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandos-Namo Mon May 21, 2012 3:07 pm

So I'm an officer now? just wondering when exactly that happened...

and nothing new to add to the random board. sorry for those who were looking for a lulz.
Mandos-Namo
Mandos-Namo
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Mon May 21, 2012 6:13 pm

Mandos-Namo wrote:So I'm an officer now? just wondering when exactly that happened...

and nothing new to add to the random board. sorry for those who were looking for a lulz.
Not just you, but yes. Seems odd to have fewer officers than Guild Masters don't ya' think? With that said, reinstate lulz!
Random Board - Page 12 D66
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silloe Mon May 21, 2012 9:19 pm

The truth is Mandos... You're taking my place.

You're now a Potatofficer.

Here, you'll need these: Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2

And, if you ever get lost in the ways of the tuber, I'm never too far... except that whole 'continent in between us' thing.

Edit: LOL, can't post in the voting forum!
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Tue May 22, 2012 2:59 pm

Silloe wrote:The truth is Mandos... You're taking my place.

You're now a Potatofficer.

Here, you'll need these: Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2 Potato Potato 2

And, if you ever get lost in the ways of the tuber, I'm never too far... except that whole 'continent in between us' thing.

Edit: LOL, can't post in the voting forum!
Along with Neo and Myrm as well then... Since you know us well enough I'll see if I can play with your permissions to allow you universal posting.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Random Board - Page 12 Empty promotions

Post  kunoric Thu May 24, 2012 6:12 am

I've not been paying attention to ranks, and i didn't realize we had so few officers- i kind of regarded most vets as officers any way

Random Board - Page 12 Funny-gifs-his-hands-remind-me-of-pigeons

Last edited by kunoric on Thu May 24, 2012 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added + 1 random)
kunoric
kunoric
Jelly Head

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Random Board - Page 12 Empty What is this I don't even...

Post  Nithhogg Thu May 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Seems like the right time to put this...
Random Board - Page 12 Fa5
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silloe Fri May 25, 2012 10:35 pm

Keeping in touch with you guys in the future might be a bit hard.

Solution: Start playing T1 LD.

T3 is more popular... but UVs make SUCH a huge difference, and I'm not willing (ie. I'm poor) to spend a million Cr gearing up. So, low investment is good Razz

It's actually pretty fun! (especially when I compare it with my T3 experience...) With CE prices so high, it's barely worth it to do anything else. I just play lots of random matches. So, none of this OP guild team nonsense.

If you're interested, here's some pointers:

1. Probably the most popular weapon is the Thwack Hammer, heavy 2 swing sword, so lots of normal def is good, but armor is limited. (I use a static edge currently)
2. People who have the T1 DLC hammer and are semi skilled, will kill you, - it is OP. (Pure elemental, lots of DPS)
3. Heat your weapons and armor before starting the game. (extra HP and def are crucial)
4. You don't need great UVs to do decently, so just picking some cheap stuff off the AH isn't bad. (usually less than 1k per item)
5. Get a couple 1 star HP trinkets. Buy 2 enamorocks off the AH for ~1k each. Craft for another 10 energy. (Of course ya gotta open those trinket slots!) (this basically doubles your HP.)
6. Don't pay Krogmo Energy unless you're sure your team will win. Spotting good players is easy after a few matches.
7. You get a high ASI zapper gun from a starter mission. It's great!
8. Don't bother with the piercing armor. There aren't any piercing or shadow weapons. (or at least I've never seen anybody use them)
9. Fire isn't as popular as shock, so circuit break armor might be your best bet.
10. Heat your armor in RT. You can heat one 1 star item to lvl 7.5 after the first level. (though the last patch they changed the CR payout (more), so they may have changed heat...)

If you're interested I can talk about strats and stuff. Hopefully I'll see you guys Smile

Edit: Just about forgot. Random Board - Page 12 UJONI
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Random Board - Page 12 Empty oh now you want lockdown!?

Post  kunoric Sat May 26, 2012 12:51 am

ughr... i literally just finished getting all the K coins i'd ever need for all of my gear...but any way, i've never really felt T3 was really that off balanced by UV's and trinkets- just that every one was at the top of their limits- the only real things that made a match not fun or one sided for me is :

1) drop outs- rage quiting players that duck out when they feel they aren't going to win or die repeatedly garrentee that their team is absolutely going down, especially when it's only a few people to each team

2) proto challengers- it's an interesting way to play, but really shouldn't be placing the burden on the team.i noticed an increase of players coming in with their birthday suit armor and the strongest sword money can buy so they can show off their mad skills and proclaim how totally radical they are, jeopardizing the entire team for their ego... unless they really are that good or have enough trinkets to give them the strength of a guardian, they'll probably rage quit the moment strutting around like a one hit wonder turns out to be retarded.

3) vengance seekers and lone wolves- a lot players tend to be too eager to fight, going off alone, getting beaten, respawning, then running off to vent their fury ALONE again. most players just blitz, but the team that fights together takes the prize. it gets a little irksome to rush in to help a team mate kill a strong player, just for them to run off to fight some more instead of capture or heal, especially when a guardian does it.

these are things that apply to players across all tiers, not just T3,but i will admit that since I skipped 1 star armor and went straight to T2, I don't know how T1 feels as any thing but a recon.
kunoric
kunoric
Jelly Head

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silloe Sat May 26, 2012 2:04 am

Totally guilty of point 3, guardian even.

Except, usually I just choose a cap point as my own, and just stay there - also, I usually do fine alone. Also, if I see a 2(my team)vs1 scenario, usually I'll just walk past, unless it's a particularly skilled opponent.

Anyway, get more k-coins and buy enamorocks and mod calibrators, and sell em' at the AH. Still money to be had! Got a triglav yet? I don't need one, I just think it looks cool!

As for balance... any ASI modifier is immediately noticeable. Once you need to pay a cool million CR for a single piece of equipment with decent UVs, and those UVs have a significant effect on play. I call shenanigans.

T1 Is closer to balanced due to ease of access of most all equipment. Flawed mask of Seerus is OP, and the hammer is OP. Those are pay to win items. T3, virtually every item can be pumped up to create an advantage. Bah, no use rambling Razz

Anyway, if you're not aware, there's currently a 15% extra CE sale going on until the 28th, and there's heavy speculation that a update will occur soon or around that time.

So, CE prices should be going down a lot. Hopefully Potato
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Random Board - Page 12 Empty also this

Post  kunoric Sun May 27, 2012 3:54 pm

also, maybe this is just proof that you don't lockdown as much as me, but I can't go back to a lower tier- I was ...kicked? After spending a lot of time playing in a lockdown tier, I got pushed up to the next level regardless of if i have gear for the next level, so going back to T1 isn't even an option for me, not even if i have full proto armor. I think the skill point's gained at the end of each match influence how fast you get pushed up.

also, I soppose a point four would be

4) improper class use-

but that really falls under the same thing as 3) and kindoff applies only to early tiers, though guardians still tend to charge a weapon instead of heal an ally.but that aside, how has the new patch affected lockdown?
kunoric
kunoric
Jelly Head

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silloe Sun May 27, 2012 6:34 pm

You must be doing... something wrong. Like you have an extra weapon you didn't account for or trinket.

Though... it did happen to me the very first time I tried T1 LD - I was in T3 in a fencing jacket. I was sure I had all T1 too... but might have had something extra equipped.

Probably a glitch of some sort, but guaranteed you can get into T1. (I'm 49th in the leaderboards, so I've been playing a lot, Pballs is #5, and he can still T1 LD)

Because what you're implying would suggest that the game could put a really good newb who owns no T2 or T3 items to be placed in higher match ups. That just doesn't hold true to any of my experiences.

Just make sure when you're signing up for LD it says you're T1 in your gear screen and in the LD screen.

New patch... Well, it makes all matches slower, but also adds a different element. Additional captured points offer decreasing rewards, so at all times it's imperative that you hold at least 1 point. Amount of points rewarded depends on map size... but for a 3 point map, if you're holding 1 cap - you get 5 pts per tick, then next cap gives an additional 3 (for a total of 8 per tick), and the last gives an extra 1. So, the max you can get is 9 points per tick instead of 15 like before. Larger Maps exacerbate this.

So, on a 5 point match you rarely get the 1000pts necessary to win (as max possible is 15 instead of 25), and have to wait out the timer. This does add an interesting element in that DPS players will get crazy scores. One of my guildies got just over 5900 damage. Of course... rocket hammer OP. (yes, T1) (my best is just under 3000 with a high asi heavy hatchet and fencing jacket as striker)

The garden map is a bit nifty - gunners love it for the barriers you can shoot over, and there's bushes that drop random hearts. The downtown one is better suited for guardians due to the spike strips stopping a lot of striker mobility.
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandos-Namo Sun May 27, 2012 7:15 pm

so what if i just bought the 1* mask of seerus/rocket hammer, and used those =P

but i am seriously thinking about doing this. i'v done a bit of T3, its gone both ways... but it would be fun to get into a T1... what exact armor should i be lookin for?
Mandos-Namo
Mandos-Namo
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silloe Sun May 27, 2012 7:40 pm

First things first Cheap Elevators til 5:15

Well, to get the mask of seerus, you can buy that off the AH. (20-30k)

The hammer can not be unbound. So, you need the DLC.

There's really only 4 possibly viable armors.

Ember/Circuit/Frost - Breaker Armor - All have their pros and cons. I'd go with one of these.
Fencing Jacket: Med Damage bonus. Less health and no elemental resist = death by rocket hammer.
(spiral scale is piercing def. - no piercing weps, but not status weakness either. I wouldn't use it. No HP bonus either)

These apply to helmets as well, except the cyclops hat if you're a serious gunner.
And this: http://wiki.spiralknights.com/Fractured_Mask_of_Seerus
Which you'll see is clearly OP compared to other T1 stuff.

Only 3 bombs. Fire/ice/shock.
Ice is fairly popular due to locking down hammer users, and Seerus mask is weak to it.
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content