Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L
Devious Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nobody's Joining

+4
Nithhogg
Silloe
Mandos-Namo
Zerahnor
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nobody's Joining Empty Nobody's Joining

Post  Zerahnor Mon May 21, 2012 12:24 am

And we're still losing members. What's worse is, we're losing the members that actually keep this place alive, not the newer people we're recruiting to perform half-assed CPR on this craphole.

So we need to decide now - think of a new strategy, merge, or go our separate ways and say "It's been fun".

What do you think?
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile
Class: Dusk Knight
Favorite Weapon: Cold Iron Vanquisher
Alignment: Neutral-Destructive

Back to top Go down

Nobody's Joining Empty Re: Nobody's Joining

Post  Mandos-Namo Mon May 21, 2012 12:30 am

I feel like merging may be the best option at this point... finding a guild that is near where we are, possibly bigger, and combining, whether us going to them or them to us... (i would prefer them to us, we DO have our own forums =P)
Mandos-Namo
Mandos-Namo
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Male Posts : 45

Devious Profile
Class: Bruiser
Favorite Weapon: Combuster
Alignment: Lawful-Constructive

Back to top Go down

Post  Silloe Mon May 21, 2012 1:41 am

A departure gift though, you might not want it...

This is a 6MB stash of pr0n .psd of the logo.

http://depositfiles.com/files/x68p0jmkd

Might be interesting to those of you who don't like the black square background (easily removed), or just wanna see some of the things I did, or considered...

Potato
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Male Posts : 264

Devious Profile
Class: Tater Dervish
Favorite Weapon: Brandish Line
Alignment: Chaotic-Constructive

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandos-Namo Tue May 22, 2012 2:08 pm

an idea- it may be a form of spamming, of sorts, but actually IN spiral knights, making an appeal to other small time guilds for a merge. something along the lines of "these are hard times for small guilds, and with new things being brought in, people will start joining the larger more established guilds. but there is hope. if we were to merge, one guild with another, then both could still survive, in a sense."

what do you guys think? also, nithh, i found someone who was randomly recruiting, i don't know if his guild would be a good fit for ours, but i mentioned a merging, and gave him your name incase he wanted to go through with it. i don't actually think he will, but if you get a random message about it, thats why.

also, if i'm stepping outside my boundary, and you guys would like to handle this, just say the word.
Mandos-Namo
Mandos-Namo
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Tue May 22, 2012 2:34 pm

at this point I don't really mind, if you find something to save the guild then I'm happy I guess. Though I would like to ask who this person is, and if you remember their guild name?
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Tue May 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Well thanks for that. AT the point we are almost any guild that could revitalize us is a good one. If I get the chance to negotiate with the GM I'll let you guys know what happens. You are in no ways exceeding your jurisdiction by seeking ways to help us and I see making you an Officer is already paying off.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Male Posts : 454

Devious Profile
Class: Elite Stabber
Favorite Weapon: Rigadoon
Alignment: Neutral-Constructive

https://skguilddevioussouls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandos-Namo Tue May 22, 2012 3:10 pm

i cannot remember the name of the GM, it was Maximus(something), the guild was dark horse(s?)

he said they have about 7ish members, and he was recruiting for some more people. apparently they are a bit of an LD guild of sorts...

and glad to know i haven't overstepped my boundaries. should I start saying "looking for small time guilds to merge"? or at least finding an unusual name and pming the person?
Mandos-Namo
Mandos-Namo
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Wed May 23, 2012 3:48 am

Mandos-Namo wrote:i cannot remember the name of the GM, it was Maximus(something), the guild was dark horse(s?)

he said they have about 7ish members, and he was recruiting for some more people. apparently they are a bit of an LD guild of sorts...

and glad to know i haven't overstepped my boundaries. should I start saying "looking for small time guilds to merge"? or at least finding an unusual name and pming the person?
That would work too and I think I should try the same too. Thank you for being so ambitious about this.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandos-Namo Wed May 23, 2012 12:36 pm

hey, i don't want this place going down, I rather like it. and seeing as you two are being lazy bums, SOMEONES gotta start trying to revive this place =P
Mandos-Namo
Mandos-Namo
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandos-Namo Wed May 23, 2012 12:55 pm

yes, double post, no, i don't care.

I have a question about merges- what will happen to that guilds GM/officers/vets. will they also become OUR GM/officers/Vets? i think they should, simply because who would want to be demoted with a merge....

thoughts?
Mandos-Namo
Mandos-Namo
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Wed May 23, 2012 2:09 pm

I would prefer that everyone would keep their previous guild ranks. If we're the one to change guild names I unfortunately can't guarantee it though
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandos-Namo Wed May 23, 2012 3:23 pm

I will be trying my best to sway whomever to our guild, for the joining, but i just wanted to make sure that all the ranks from the other guild would stay the same, GM included.
Mandos-Namo
Mandos-Namo
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Wed May 23, 2012 4:05 pm

oh, yeah that'd be fine. The only exception is if you rope in one of those "all GM" guilds, I refuse to have 10+ GMs and the entire concept just makes me lose faith in the young'uns of humanity Neutral (My faith in adults was lost long ago Wakka Wakka)
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Wed May 23, 2012 6:00 pm

Zerahnor wrote:oh, yeah that'd be fine. The only exception is if you rope in one of those "all GM" guilds, I refuse to have 10+ GMs and the entire concept just makes me lose faith in the young'uns of humanity Neutral (My faith in adults was lost long ago Wakka Wakka)
As irrelevant as it is I actually have more faith in adults than children. Though I can see your reasoning for loss of faith.

I would much prefer to have a guild be assimilated by us rather than vice versa. So, Mandos, use every bit of charm you have and make them agree to our terms. No go forth flying monkey and fulfill your purpose!
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandos-Namo Wed May 23, 2012 9:35 pm

it'd be nice to have a bit of help here... here is what i am posting, by the by...

/me ATTN: Are you a GM? is your guild slowely dying? Devious Souls is looking for a guild to merge with ours. Let me know if you are interested!

but i will continue to do my best.
Mandos-Namo
Mandos-Namo
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Nobody's Joining Empty sorry i've been absent

Post  kunoric Thu May 24, 2012 3:43 am

been kind of out if it recently, i'll try to be more active again. any way, no one will want to surrender their guild name- not without good reason. so here's a good reason- we have our own forum site named after our guild, and renaming the site would be a confusing stress fest
kunoric
kunoric
Jelly Head

Male Posts : 215

Devious Profile
Class: aggressive defender
Favorite Weapon: pre-nerf winmillion
Alignment: Chaotic-Constructive

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandos-Namo Thu May 24, 2012 11:51 am

that was my plan of action, say that we have an awesome forum, therefore the merge should be with us, instead of with them. albeit if they have an awesome website/forum.... then i don't know....
Mandos-Namo
Mandos-Namo
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithhogg Thu May 24, 2012 2:26 pm

Mandos-Namo wrote:that was my plan of action, say that we have an awesome forum, therefore the merge should be with us, instead of with them. albeit if they have an awesome website/forum.... then i don't know....

Then whoever has an awesomer forum/website wins. And if that doesn't work a fight to the death, coin flip or game of rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock should work. Y'know whatever gives each person a fair chance.

I would like the help and I may take your copypasta message and spam it around multiple Havens until I get a response. Using zone chat I could spew the message a few times and if no one in the Haven seems interested move onto the next one. Just be persistant and good things will happen.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandos-Namo Thu May 24, 2012 2:33 pm

may have a taker, the river of red guild. apparently up to 100, down to 25, either 2 or 3 GM's...
Mandos-Namo
Mandos-Namo
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Thu May 24, 2012 2:53 pm

that sounds good to me, if a little reminescent of a telemarketer/car salesman/late night infomercial.

(I'm a telemarketer now.... I've a hit a new low T-T)
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandos-Namo Thu May 24, 2012 3:31 pm

so while not a merge, we have a partner, the dark knights, or something like that.... anywho, they are pre-steam, so they aren't coming our way.... still, its a start.
Mandos-Namo
Mandos-Namo
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Nobody's Joining Empty well, i had a good run

Post  Gimmedatcookie Fri May 25, 2012 12:08 am

So, I am leaving the guild. "Why?" you might or might not ask, it's because the guild is really small and there's usually barely anyone on. There's either nobody or a few, but they're usually on a level. Plus, the guild is nothing more than a friends list (A quote from Pandaizm) except for the fact of group chat, BUT there's usually barely anybody on so it's still boring with it.
Here's a few photos of a conversation I had with Panda. This took place after he left. You see, I invited him and a few other guild members. No one was talking. No one did anything. We just spun around a few times and stood for a few minutes. We have lost the ability to actually socialize out of clockwerking!
Nobody's Joining Lk2M5
Nobody's Joining SKXyc
Anyways, my point is the guild is dying. Zerahnor doesn't get on much more, it's usually only Lordkristian who is on (Good job kristian!) and many others don't get on. Well, you can always add me to your friends list! This is Gimmedatcookie saying "Farewell, and thank you for the Brandish Orzy!" Thanks guys, for everything.
Gimmedatcookie
Gimmedatcookie
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Devious Profile
Class: Three Stars Going to Four Stars
Favorite Weapon: Faust and the Brandish Line

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Fri May 25, 2012 7:05 am

did you not notice my post? I posted in General Discussion about my absence because I've gotten a new job Neutral I thought maybe sticking it there would make everyone read it, but apparently not. I'm growing increasingly frustrated with this entire situation..... sigh. Nobody wants to join, 90% of us want to leave, those of us that don't can't seem to drum up any support for bringing it back to life. I really wish I could do more but apparently my job is impeding my ability to do so since I can't really log on. I'll give it one last week - I'll try one last time this weekend to see if I can drum up support. If I can't.... then considering this my two-day notice for stepping down from the position of Guildmaster. As far as who takes my place, It's up to Nith. I personally won't be appointing anyone to fill my shoes.
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandos-Namo Fri May 25, 2012 11:39 am

So while I have seen a few bites at the whole "guild merge" thing, I am not seeing a whole lot of interest.... at this point, i think those of us on should just start yelling out that we are recruiting... perhaps going orzy's way, finding someone who doesn't have a guild and PM'ing them. I wouldn't know what to say for large crowds, but i'm guessing something around the lines of:

/me ATTN: Devious Souls is recruiting! We are looking for active members who (enter parameters here)! PM me if you are interested!

i don't know what you guys would like to be put in parameters. I've seen one that said T3 lockdown, we clearly aren't much of a lockdown guild (lets be honest, we clearly aren't much of an anything guild =P), so I leave it up to Nith/Zera's discretion, in IF we should stop trying to merge, IF we should go for the crowds, IF we should go orzy's way, and HOW we should go about it.
Mandos-Namo
Mandos-Namo
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gimmedatcookie Fri May 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Zerahnor wrote:did you not notice my post? I posted in General Discussion about my absence because I've gotten a new job Neutral I thought maybe sticking it there would make everyone read it, but apparently not. I'm growing increasingly frustrated with this entire situation..... sigh. Nobody wants to join, 90% of us want to leave, those of us that don't can't seem to drum up any support for bringing it back to life. I really wish I could do more but apparently my job is impeding my ability to do so since I can't really log on. I'll give it one last week - I'll try one last time this weekend to see if I can drum up support. If I can't.... then considering this my two-day notice for stepping down from the position of Guildmaster. As far as who takes my place, It's up to Nith. I personally won't be appointing anyone to fill my shoes.
i did read your post. i usually read things on the forums but i never post a reply Wakka Wakka
Gimmedatcookie
Gimmedatcookie
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Devious Profile
Class: Three Stars Going to Four Stars
Favorite Weapon: Faust and the Brandish Line

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content