Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L
Devious Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

im not the only one!!

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

im not the only one!! - Page 2 Empty Re: im not the only one!!

Post  Silloe Wed May 02, 2012 11:52 pm

Nithhogg wrote:...only purpose would be to start a flame war... Do you think I'm som insensitive jerk to say something like that? I never mentioned persecution so where did that idea even come from?

You mentioning persecution:
Nithhogg wrote:...Those against gays who take it seriously will raise their torches and pitchforks in an effort to recreate the Salem Witch Trials...

This whole idea of attempting to start a flame war... I don't know why you keep going back to that. Can't it just be humor? A joke? Silly Banter? Satire? (Choose one... OK, or 2. No more though.)
im not the only one!! - Page 2 Gallery_8334_131_46674

Chill. I'm here to play. Potato

Insensitive, yeah, a bit. Mr. Hyper-literalism himself.
Jerk, not really.

Potato Masta wrote:...sensible ones ignore it?

It was a question, not an accusation - it just reminded me of that poem, edited for comedic effect.

I mean, if I could go back and change what I said, I would.

I would change the second verse to:

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Brony.

Maybe some other changes too.
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Male Posts : 264

Devious Profile
Class: Tater Dervish
Favorite Weapon: Brandish Line
Alignment: Chaotic-Constructive

Back to top Go down

im not the only one!! - Page 2 Empty Re: im not the only one!!

Post  Nithhogg Thu May 03, 2012 3:01 am

Oh I wouldn't start a flame war intentionally I was stating they can be entertaining to watch under the proper circumstances. But of course I would choose more lighthearted comedy I won't deny it sometimes can be amusing just in a different way. Of course if it gets to heated I back away. A fire is warm and nice to sit next to when you're cold but stay too long next to a fire too big and bad things happen. This is why I generally try to avoid politics, sports and religious discussion on the net. Some people will be cool and calculated but must are so dedicated to their view of these that it leads to the unentertaining form of argumentation that is full of hatred and excessive anger. Maybe I'm misusing the term... What I enjoy probably could not be properly termed flame war... hmm...

At any rate I lack the time or necessary skills to even start one really. Doesn't mean I won't get a few minutes of entertainment upon finding one. Usually in some archived form where the flame has ended so even if I wanted to I would be unable to kindle the fire.

P.S. It's weird to see this discussion stay on track despite being derailed from the original post. Not so much derailed as it is rerailed. I find this occurs in more than one thread and I just thought it was interesting.
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Male Posts : 454

Devious Profile
Class: Elite Stabber
Favorite Weapon: Rigadoon
Alignment: Neutral-Constructive

https://skguilddevioussouls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: