Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Devious Souls
Login NAO >:L
Devious Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zera knows.

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Zera knows. Empty Zera knows.

Post  AnonymousMessage Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:07 am

I sent him a letter, jokingly telling him to get some real sleep, and left it at that. Two mornings later, I found this in my email. It was the last thing I got from him. After this, he stopped responding completely:

"I just got up from a fucked up dream, I think. The Assassin shrieked at me, and when I opened my eyes, he was right there, crouching over me. His arms and legs were longer, more like a spider's. I tried to push him away, but when I touched him my hands just went inside and I couldn't get them loose again, like he was made of tar or something.

Then I woke up, I thought. he was gone, but when I looked at the monitor I wasn't where I was. I was in the Corprusarium, with Yagrum. For once, the light was okay, and I could see him all bloated on those mechanical spider legs. I sat down at the computer and he started talking to me. Not in a box, but really talking to me, in Tieras' voice. He knew things about me. He told me things that I never told anyone, some things I totally forgot about. He told me that almost nobody had made it this far, and that the door would open up soon. I just had to hang on a little while longer. He said I'd know when it was time. He said I might be the first one to see what was inside.

And then I woke up for real, but I was at the computer. I still wasn't where I was. I'm swimming out to The Citadel Island. And I can hear this tapping. It's at my window. It's over on the left, so I'm sending you this, because I left my laptop by my bed, to the right. Just a little *taptaptaptap*...like he's knocking his finger against the glass. I might still be dreaming now.
AnonymousMessage
AnonymousMessage
General Poster
General Poster

Devious Profile
Class: Living Tank.
Favorite Weapon: Polaris/Sadaruska
Alignment: Pure Chaotic

http://anonops.bz/

Back to top Go down

Zera knows. Empty Re: Zera knows.

Post  Silloe Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:25 am

You love this stuff, don't ya Smile

http://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/top/?sort=top&t=all

Enjoy the witching hours Wink
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Male Posts : 264

Devious Profile
Class: Tater Dervish
Favorite Weapon: Brandish Line
Alignment: Chaotic-Constructive

Back to top Go down

Zera knows. Empty ...

Post  AnonymousMessage Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:25 am

Silloe wrote:You love this stuff, don't ya Smile

http://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/top/?sort=top&t=all

Enjoy the witching hours Wink

Yea I'm not clicking any links you post.
AnonymousMessage
AnonymousMessage
General Poster
General Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:28 am

lol, I need to know more about this mod. I don't know what the Assassin is... I understand he is a product of the mod, however, is he just a character? I mean, what is his goal? Is this like some "Ben haunting" with the Majora's Mask kinda shit where it creeps you the hell out but otherwise its harmless? Or could this mod make my computer actually wake up and try to murder my face?
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile
Class: Dusk Knight
Favorite Weapon: Cold Iron Vanquisher
Alignment: Neutral-Destructive

Back to top Go down

Zera knows. Empty Your wish is my command.

Post  AnonymousMessage Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:30 am

Zerahnor wrote:lol, I need to know more about this mod. I don't know what the Assassin is... I understand he is a product of the mod, however, is he just a character? I mean, what is his goal? Is this like some "Ben haunting" with the Majora's Mask kinda shit where it creeps you the hell out but otherwise its harmless? Or could this mod make my computer actually wake up and try to murder my face?

Some people might recall some momentary buzz caused a couple of years ago by a particularly odd Morrowind mod. The file name was jvk1166z.esp. It was never posted on any of the larger Elder Scrolls communities, usually just smaller boards and role-playing groups. I know in a few cases rather than being posted, it was sent via PM or email to a 'chosen few.' It was only up for a few days, to the best of my knowledge.

It caused a buzz because it was a virus, or seemed to be. If you tried to load the game with the mod active, it would hang at the initial load screen for a full hour and then crash to the desktop. If you let it get that far, your install of Morrowind, along with any save files you had, would become completely corrupted. Nobody could figure out what the mod was trying to do, since it couldn't be opened in the Construction Set. Eventually, warnings were distributed not to use it if you found it, and things died down.

About a year later, in a mod board I used to frequent, someone popped up with the mod again. He said he was PMed by a lurker who deleted his account immediately after sending. He also said that the person advised him to try playing the mod through DOSbox. For some reason, this worked...sort of. The game was a bit laggy, and you couldn't get into Options, Load Game, the console, or really anything else, other than the game itself. The QuickSave and QuickLoad hotbuttons worked, but that was it. And the QuickSave file seemed to be just part of the game file, so you couldn't get at it anymore. Some speculated that the changed game used an older graphics renderer, making DOSbox necessary, but it didn't LOOK any different.

This part I can speak about from personal experience. When you start a new game in JVK (as the board came to call it), once you left the starting bit in the Census Office and came into the game proper, the first thing you notice is that the 'prophecy has been severed' box pops up. This is because every single NPC having to do with the main quest is dead, with the sole exception of Yagrum Bagarn, the last of the Dwemer. Their corpses never despawn, so you can go check on all of them. In effect, you begin in a world that is doomed to start with.

The second thing you notice is that you're losing health. It's only a bit, but it keeps happening, a little bit at a time. The longer you stay in one place, the quicker it seems to occur. If you let this health loss kill you, you'll find the cause: a figure we came to call the Assassin, because he seems to wear a retextured version of the Dark Brotherhood armor from Tribunal, even though the expansions don't work in JVK. It's all black, completely untextured, like he's just a hole in space. The way he moves...he gave me quite a start, the first time I saw him scuttling around my dead body. He crawls inhumanly on his hands and feet, his arms and legs splayed out like a spider. You'd usually only see him after death, crawling around and over your body just before the reload box popped up. Occasionally, you could catch a glimpse of him darting around a corner or crawling on a wall or ceiling. It made the game very difficult to play at night!

Other than that, the only noticeable difference is that at night, at random intervals, every NPC in the game will go outside for a few minutes. During this time, the only thing they will say when hailed is, "Watch the sky." Once they return to their normal behavior they act like normal, though.
AnonymousMessage
AnonymousMessage
General Poster
General Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:42 am

and you made this mod? or you made the SK version?

also, this assassin sounds VERY VERY close to the unrendered knight you talked about being plagued by. just an observation Razz
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Zera knows. Empty Very wise.

Post  AnonymousMessage Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:43 am

Zerahnor wrote:and you made this mod? or you made the SK version?

also, this assassin sounds VERY VERY close to the unrendered knight you talked about being plagued by. just an observation Razz

Both, And SK one was a test that got out of control.
AnonymousMessage
AnonymousMessage
General Poster
General Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:47 am

lol how did it get out of control? it didn't hijack your computer..... did it?
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Zera knows. Empty Er...

Post  AnonymousMessage Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:49 am

Yea he kinda did, Needless to say my mods are not really mods but true AIs.
AnonymousMessage
AnonymousMessage
General Poster
General Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:50 am

lol "don't play with fire"? I suppose that phrase works there... Razz
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Zera knows. Empty sure...

Post  AnonymousMessage Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:53 am

Not really, More along the lines of just watch don't get involved with the tests.
AnonymousMessage
AnonymousMessage
General Poster
General Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:55 am

I'll take it you're referring to using your sister as a guinea pig and then getting curious about what it did yourself? Razz you shoulda used me as a guinea pig. I love this creepy "get in your head" stuff.
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AnonymousMessage Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:58 am

It's not a "get in your head" It's real.
AnonymousMessage
AnonymousMessage
General Poster
General Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silloe Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:12 am

It's all true Zera.

I don't know if Anon and I used to surf the same boards at the time, but this mod exists.

These shadow figures flitting about in the corners of your eye. You'd swear the music was somehow... altered. The subtle ambience seemed dulled or gone completely, the wind, birds chirping just not really there any more. Where before you could find safety in a town or house, it all became far too claustrophobic. I recall playing one evening, something had killed me, can't really remember that well, but that shadowy visage came crawling around just to remind me, it seemed.

I'd turned off the game, I saw in my bathroom mirror the cold sweat on my brow. My face pale, with sagging bags beneath my eyes - as though I'd had part of my very soul sucked from me. I remember waking that night terrified, my computers speakers were sounding off static, though I could have sworn I heard a voice, some terrible scream. One would expect my heart was racing, in my horror, but my weakness drove me only to shut the noise off - my monitor was glitching, so I just cut the power on the computer for the night and went back to bed.

The next morning I woke up, I hadn't eaten dinner the night before, but breakfast just seemed like a waste of time. So, I booted my computer to find I had developed a few dead pixels - I had wondered if my cat in the night had stumbled across the volume or bumped into my monitor. A mystery, I suppose. Though that does remind me, she was acting rather odd... she usually comes in and bats me to fill her nightly emptied dish, or even just to meow and look dumbly at me. No cat that day, all day. Don't think I saw her once.

Well, I had had enough of that mod, so I decided to uninstall it - it didn't come with any sort of instructions to do so. There was some weird text file, but it seemed random, and incomprehensible. I tried a few things - sorting files by date to find the recently changed ones, but that was fruitless. Then I did a registry scan for the file names I thought might be right, but didn't turn up anything either. Wanting to get back to my game sooner than later, I just decided to uninstall the whole game. I wasn't big into mods at the time, so no big loss.

I swear that thing chugged for hours trying to uninstall. Got weird error messages, system beeps I'd never heard before, you'd think I was trying to format the hard drive or something. When it finally finished after many prompts and fussing, to my dismay, it hadn't uninstalled at all. I tried again just to make sure I hadn't idiotically cancelled somehow, and went through much of the same stuff. At that point, I must have had the icon highlighted and hit Enter, though I don't recall, but the game started up. "Load Game" blinking vigorously, I was still very tired, but it seemed inviting... like I needed to play. It is a rather addictive game afterall. At that point, some friend called and we made plans for lunch, so I just shut it down, downtown I bought Symantec's Norton Antivirus Only 39.99! It was a great deal. Got rid of my night terrors, and uninstalled the game with just a few clicks. I think it's like some sort of Programmed Holy Water. Anyway, Thanks Norton, I'd suck yo big potato anytime!
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AnonymousMessage Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:27 am

Had no Idea my mod was that well known.
AnonymousMessage
AnonymousMessage
General Poster
General Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:16 pm

lol, I'm not saying the mod doesn't exist. I do believe him; however, I think I would stand up better to its shenanigans. :V This kind of stuff actually doesn't really get to me much
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Zera knows. Empty Amnesia

Post  Nithhogg Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:32 pm

I don't think Amnesia can be modded as easily BUT if you made a mod like that for Amnesia... well I think you'd need a national census to count the number of soiled pants with the first week. hehehe
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Male Posts : 454

Devious Profile
Class: Elite Stabber
Favorite Weapon: Rigadoon
Alignment: Neutral-Constructive

https://skguilddevioussouls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:34 pm

Nithhogg wrote:I don't think Amnesia can be modded as easily BUT if you made a mod like that for Amnesia... well I think you'd need a national census to count the number of soiled pants with the first week. hehehe
Well Amnesia does include an in-game option for custom stories... so I'm sure it can't be any harder than anything else. Razz
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Zera knows. Empty Soil your trousers

Post  Nithhogg Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Well that's dandy. Get to work Anon and make us celebrate national "Soil your trousers day"!
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AnonymousMessage Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:47 pm

The hell is Amnesia?
AnonymousMessage
AnonymousMessage
General Poster
General Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Zera knows. Empty The Dark Descent

Post  Nithhogg Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:53 pm

Amnesia: The Dark Descent is probably the best/worst horror game of all time. (best or worst depending on whether or not you like horror) If I remember Yahtzee summed it up well enough so I'll link the video.

Edit: forgot to mention that Yahtzee tends to have language in case any of you are uncomfortable with that (though I doubt it)

Last edited by Nithhogg on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerahnor Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:53 pm

you've never heard of Amnesia? Supposedly the one "truly" scary game? I think it's only scary because you can't defend yourself. and you're supposed to NOt look at monsters and they always say you're more afraid of what you can't see. The game also has a mild version of Eternal Darkness's (on GC) sanity meter. The longer you're in darkness or stare at an enemy the more your main character goes "insane" which makes it easier for you to be spotted. (which I can understand to an extent, but not really considering all that happens is your teeth chatter and you fall to the floor for a few seconds if you DO go outright insane) I also don't get how just looking at an enemy makes them more probable to spot you considering that they are stupid enough to not notice you if hold a box up in front of your face while not moving...
Zerahnor
Zerahnor
Master of Disaster!

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AnonymousMessage Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Zera knows. HJPPv

Uhhhh....What?
AnonymousMessage
AnonymousMessage
General Poster
General Poster

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silloe Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:58 pm

Eh... I've seen worse.

Zera knows. THEBOX
(Metal Gear, FYI)
Silloe
Silloe
Resident Potato

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Zera knows. Empty The Orange Box?

Post  Nithhogg Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:00 pm

I see what Snake did there! Don't think you can hide your references from me just because you're good at sneaking around!
Nithhogg
Nithhogg
Cuspis Lucis

Devious Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content